Friday, June 10, 2011

50 things about Me

I saw this on another foodie blog and thought “this would be fantastic for my first real post” so here we go:
  1. My name is Keisha Bocage, yes Bocage (pronounced Bo- caache or Bo-cash if your from the islands) is French it means bushes (how exciting, I know)
  2. I have a two daughters J is 12 and B is 8, I am engaged to the love of my live we'll call him K
  3. I was born in St. Croix, Virgin Islands
  4. My entire family is from British Islands of Trinidad and Tobago
  5. I am first generation Caribbean - American
  6. I have 2 sisters 1 brother, two step sisters and one step brother
  7. I grew up in Baytown,Texas a tiny little town outside of Houston and my formative teen years belonged to the beaches, bonfires,boardwalks ,sunset blvd and hollywood capers while living Long Beach,California
  8. I currently reside in Da H
  9. I am currently finishing up my Culinary Arts degree @ the Arts Institute of Houston
  10. I graduate at the end of this year.. Sooooo stoked!!
  11. I worked for over 13 years in the interactive field wearing an array of hats – project manager, creative director, interactive- public relations director, interactive marketing manager, etc, etc...
  12. For about the same amount of time I've not so secretly been completely obsessed with food..
  13. During this time I secretly went to tour the LeCourdon Blue Culinary Institute in Pasadena Ca, signed up, got a pell grant and didn’t go because of the next cushy Hollywood gig...
  14. I now work for a French Chef in a French restaurant it will be referred to as the “F plantation” (“F” could stand for French or fantastic or maybe some other “F” word :).
  15. I both love and hate this job...
  16. My favorite color is brown.. all shades..
  17. I realized my love of, not just cooking but cooking for people, when at age 22 I was the designated house for french toast.. My boyfriend at the time (my daughters father) and his crew would buy the ingredients for me to cook them french toast.. It's gives me complete satisfaction to be able to make people that happy..
  18. I love the word “moxy”
  19. I curse a lot, (like ALOT) I blame it on my interactive life working with interactive programmers and dealing with Hollywood clients (that alone will drive you to complete sailorspeak) and now working in the kitchen with a chef that will call you both pussy and cocksucker in one sentence
  20. Lavender is my favorite scent and I wear it as perfume
  21. I swoon listening to Anthony Bourdain talk about food.. (literally swoon)
  22. I'm starting my catering business, and its terrifying and exciting at the same time.
  23. I am BLESSED to have an amazing, supportive, crazy, humungous, loving cast of family and friends
  24. I am 36 years old.. holy shit did I just type that!
  25. My mom is my culinary sounding board, she is an AMAZING cook.. (just ask anyone in Baytown!!)
  26. My dad is my biggest most supportive cheerleader, one phone call with him and I could conquer the world.
  27. I LOVE Bravo reality.. (Hi Andy!)
  28. I am extremely, EXTREMELY competitive
  29. I am unable to mask my feelings if I'm not happy it shows, if I don't like your energy it shows, even if I try to fake it.
  30. My goal is to have Bocage Catering up and running (2-3 events/wk) by the end of the year 2011
  31. God I still have 18 more facts to go!!
  32. I grew up on Hip-Hop and I will love it till the day I die!
  33. I lurve to sing.. and during my hay day I belonged to a few all girl singing groups..
  34. Sometimes I can have a concert in my shower for hourss.......
  35. My favorite wine to drink is Pinot Grigeo
  36. I wish I could draw.. J is an artist.. I'm thinking about taking a class..
  37. I HATE that people smoke cigarettes.. and I have a bit of judgment for those that do..(sorry)
  38. I love fashion..
  39. I was a pescatarian for 7 years before I started culinary school..
  40. Now I LOVE bacon..
  41. I'm a dancing fool, if there is a kick ass dj and a dance floor.. im on it dancing all night! (that is until the dj goes “south” literally)
  42. However Zydeco is starting to grow on me
  43. I sometimes miss being a civilian, I crave for a Friday/Saturday nights of my past..
  44. I *heart* 80's – 90's rock music (Don't let Bon Jovis living on prayer come on.. )
  45. Swimming is my favorite pastime unfortunately I don't have a pool out here in da H.. “Will cook for Pool”
  46. I need glasses.. I've become an excellent squinter..
  47. I am one of those “Oprah” fanatics.. She is one of the most, if not the most successful women ever.. And she happens to be a lil black girl from Gary, Indiana
  48. My favorite singer of all time is Amel Laurieux
  49. I'm a concert junkie. I have been to over 100 live shows
  50. When I started this list I panicked, not thinking I could come up with 50 things all about me, now at 50 I have about 50 more things I'd like to say.. I guess I'll change this to Vol I and next year I'll make another list..

No comments:

Post a Comment