Monday, August 29, 2011

What a crazy month!


So as you can see its been some time since I've updated a post. It's been a CRAZY, but in such a fantastic way.
To start I was asked to create items that would “jazz up” the sandwiches served at a new local coffee shop named Eat Gallery. The Eat Gallery is a Culinary Art Gallery featuring the Edible Artwork of community’s emerging culinary artists. I was honored to be asked to be a part of this.
I make a Spicy Cilantro Pesto as well as the curry Mustard. The first time I saw this I swooned!!
Artisan Spreads that's ME!
The other Culinary Artist are Vegan food truck owners and Chefs Rodney and Maddy of Green Seed Vegan, Ella Bella (not her real name I just call her that) the cookie pusher/creator owner of E-Dubalicious cookies she has 35 (and counting) different types of scrumptious cookies, Bread Boy Bakery who makes some amzing Rosemary bread and Chef Chris of Lucille's. This was a week long event that kicked off with a private rooftop dinner where all Chefs involved cooked a 3 course meal for a very very eclectic mix of people. There where politician, artist, promoters, business owners and community leaders.

My AMAZING team was there, Verlonsky, Marshelle and newbie Tomika. 

Tomika toasting the Rosemary Bread
 
Marshelly and Verlonsky plating


Our menu was:
Passed dishes showcasing Bread Boy Bread and the following from me:
  • Ginger-Pear Butter
  • Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
  • Spiced Garlic Infused oil
Amuse Bouche
Causa- Smoked cumin purple potatoes, yellow curry potato and coconut cauliflower mashed, layered with avocado, cucumber and mango chutney, paired with lemon fried shrimp crisps.

Main Course:
Herb Crusted chicken breast stuffed with Roasted Garlic Spinach and mushroom, accompanied with warm summer vegetable Israeli couscous salad, lentils and Marsala sauce

Marshelly came over to help make this..
 

Dessert
Berry Frangipane


Marshelly came over to help make this..

Right in the middle of the 2nd course it started to rain so they moved everyone downstairs.. Everyone was so amazingly cool, and receptive. Everyone seemed to LOVE the food that was presented to them from me I felt like I was off the a GREAT start.

Next was my satellite tasting at  Melodrama Boutique

The menu there was:
Sweet potato with Brown Butter and Basil Ravioli
Making these raviolis where very very easy
















Plantain puffs with Chimichurro
Mango/Coconut Rice Sushi with Basil foam
Great Foam Success!!
It ended up on top of the Coconut Mango Sushi



Curry - Petatou (potato salad)

Fruit Salad/ Wonton chips
Coconut Polenta topped with Bacala Salad

It was just me and Verlonsky for this one, and despite the close quarters the owner Jackie was Amazing accommodating, the turn out was fantastic and it was a great success.

Next up was my artist talk, where I got another opportunity to have tastings of my food as well as an AMAZING rooftop performance from Michele Thibeaux.


The Menu:
Sweet and Savory Cream Puffs
Sweet had pastry cream topped with Chocolate ganash, the savory was a Gougers with whipped curry potato on the inside the puff was mixed with herbs
Sweet potato with Brown Butter and Basil Ravioli
Berry Frangipan
Coconut Polenta topped with Bacala Salad
Caribbean Petatou topped with Mango chutney
Vegetable spring rolls
Plantain Chips with Spicy Chimichurro sauce

This time none of my dream team was there but thankfully I had some amazing volunteers!

This has been an OVERWHELMING experience, the feedback on my food was amazing, I'm soo charged up and ready for the next event! Up next is a Foe dinner.. stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment