Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Adventures in Culinary School...



I currently attending the the ArtsInstitute, in the Houston. So this semester I'm taking the lab that I've been waiting to take for sometime now you have to wait till the end of your tenure here at AI. (I graduate in December) The class: Art Culinare it's a the study of the dishes of world renowned  Chefs. Thus far we have done dishes from: Charlie Trotter, Charlie Palmer, and Alain Ducasse. It's taught by Chef Hernandez who from early in my schooling he has been one of my favorite Chef Professors. He's one of the few that actually push you.. and I mean hard, hes a thinking Chef that makes you look at ALL angles.. and I love it. So now we are 3 weeks in and I wanted to share some of the delicious dishes we have created in class:


Seared Scallop on a Potato Cloud, that is sitting on a roasted garlic burre blanc, with speckles of a orange reduction. Garnish of supreme orange and parsley

Prosciutto wrapped Halibut and sage, on a carrot puree and Cabbage and prosciutto slaw, topped with sliced apple and Fried Sage

Roasted Beet topped with herbed Goat Cheese, with beet  reduction and spinach/parsley infused green oil..

Broccoli Soup garnished by creme fraiche, lardons, and fried portabella mushrooms

Foie Gras on toast with a Port grape sauce, brown butter peal onions topped with apple, grape, peach compote

Roasted Garlic and portobello mushroom Ravioli, with a red wine olive sauce, garnished with brown butter asparagus spears and fava beans

Pork loin on leek and bacon slaw

Marshmallow with chocolate covered banana and raspberry jam (the marshmallow were soo good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment